Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mini-golf for Mugisha!

I think I will let the pictures tell the story!



Rudi Koornneef: Fundraising Coordinator Extraordinaire!


Just some happy golfers!


Mugisha Ministries President, Mark Seltzer and his wife Annie who is also on the board of directors for MM came out to support the event!


Our display.


The tee shirts given to every golfer.....such a cute model, huh?!


That's me on the left and this is Anne Stewart, Mugisha Ministries Treasurer and Secretary, and yeah, she's awesome!


One of the fabulous cupcakes donated by Rudi's mom, Beth, that started a business called, "Cupcakes for a Cause". Each golfer was given a coupon to redeem one cupcake of their choice. YUM!


When all golfers were finished their 18 holes they gathered under the tent. They were about to announce the winners to the raffle, but Rudi asked me to address the crowd and tell them a bit about Mugisha Ministries.

Here is Rudi with her very proud mom and dad.



Here I am with Rudi and Mark, the owner of Chuckster's.


In addition to providing the venue, Chuckster's also gave each golfer free ice cream and a flex coupon to be used anytime to ride the go-carts or use the batting cages. Lot's of fun stuff to do at Chuckster's....like they say it's FUNbelievable!

Ok....Here is Rudi presenting me with the final check after all the festivities were over.


In this picture I had not yet even looked at the amount and I'm glad I didn't, 'cause when I did, I got a little teary and when that happens, my nose gets instantly red....rudolph red! Anyway....this amazing young woman raised ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED TWENTY ONE dollars! That amount will provide 35 children with a complete package of supplies including uniforms, exercise books, pens, and mathematical sets. What an impact this will have on these children. Thank you Rudi, and all her friends that came out to support this event. We were blessed and these children will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment