Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sophia's story

As this year comes to a close and we all pause to think of all the blessings in our lives I thought it would be a good time to share with you a few testimonies from students in Rwanda. After the holiday season I will share a few more, but for now I will share with you Sophia's story......



I am called Sophia Mukamabano born in 1980 in a family of twelve children where I am the last born of my parents. When the war of genocide broke out in Rwanda I was then in primary five and sometimes, things are not easy to speak out or testify due to such awful calamity and hardship I have gone through.

It really seemed to be no way out and it sounded like there was not any kind of break through while our lovely nation was full of holocaust country wide in 1994 to the extent that after the war survivors were found moving around the streets hopelessly.

Within no time I found myself alone because my parents and brothers and sisters had been exterminated by the horrible genocide and I was then fourteen years old. You can not imagine my feelings; suffering, hunger, disease s, loneliness rejection and disappointment to the extent thatI wished I had not survived.

That was when I saw the hand of God when I met my maternal uncle who had also survived and welcomed me in his home. He however did not have ability to help me go back to school but at least he provided me food and shelter.

By goodness’ sake, I will never forget the time I met Tillie A Canadian parent who had visited Rwanda. I really saw her as a gift from heaven but the most important thing is the time she allowed me sponsorship so that I could follow my studies up to the university level. She has been one of my unforgettable person for her help turned my life around especially my last four years in a private university where it required her to pay a lot of money. She has provided all fees till I graduated in 2010 with Bachelor’s degree in social sciences.

As I write this testimony, I see myself participating in nation building not as useless girl as I used to see my self after genocide and God willing ,I believe I will even per sue Education to higher heights of which if there was sponsorship, I am not sure where I could be by now.

I am now a respected lady married with two daughters; one is five and another one is four years old. I am still on job search but very happy and all that I have achieved in life is attributed to God and my sponsor.

I can not close my testimony with out deeply thanking Tillie and all other people that help the needy and I believe with all my hear t that God will not fail to reward them here and even in heaven; as God promises in word that “ he who gives the poor is a creditor to God.”

Long live my sponsor, long live other sponsors and I pray that partnership between Rwanda and sponsors continue for it changes many hopeless lives and hopefull lives like it has to my life

With sincere gratitude and many blessings to you all who endeavor to open up your hearts and hand to help the poor.

Sophia Mukamabano.

Isn't it amazing how $30 per month can CHANGE A LIFE! A big THANK YOU to all our current sponsors and to those of you inspired by this and wondering if there is a child who might need you.....here's a few lives you could change!


Josseline

Josseline was born on March 19, 1997. Her father is deceased and she lives with her mother. She has 4 brothers and 3 sisters. She likes children and when she was younger she used to like to carry a doll on her back, just like the Rwanda mamas do. She does fair in school and is very grateful for the support she has received so far.


Elizabeth
.

She was born on June 25, 1997. She lives with her mother. She has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Her favorite subjects are english and math and she gets very good grades. She likes to play volleyball. She continually promises to put much effort into her studies


Lewis

Lewis was born on November 15, 1996. He lives with his grandfather. His mother is a single mom and she cannot afford to send him to school. Lewis has no siblings. His favorite thing to study in school is languages. He does very well in school and he loves to play soccer.

To sponsor a child, please contact us via email.
mugishamin@yahoo.com
or call
603-832-3934

No comments:

Post a Comment