Wednesday, April 29, 2015

It's all coming together!

First of all, this is our view each morning! Now I am not a morning person AT ALL, but when I am in Rwanda, I do not sleep very much.  We girls have been up till midnight talking and laughing and yet I am still up and on this balcony each morning by 7. Today I couldn't sleep past 6:30.  I think it is because my time here is always so limited and I hate wasting a minute of it. Or maybe it's because I can't get enough of their coffee and I know that there is always a large pot of coffee waiting for me each morning.

Our day started with a trip back to the girl’s home to complete our painting project.  Robert met us there to help us. 

He is one of the boys that recently graduated high school and has moved out of Home of Innocence and is living on his own, with continued support through Ten Talents.  Classes have not yet started for him so he offered to come help us and he has been such a huge help.  We finished all the painting in 2 days and we could not have done that without him. He is a work horse.  How precious is his smile!  His story would break your heart, but he too only speaks of his gratitude and God’s faithfulness.

We finished the painting before lunch and began hanging the girl’s craft that they made the other night.  Check it out....


We also hung up all the storage compartments for the girls and their 2 “Aunties” and they were very excited to have a place to put their things.
This is Juliet. She works for Ten Talents and has been very helpful this week. We have had so much fun getting to know her and sharing stories.
Here are some pics of the team playing with all the kids that come running as soon as they hear our van pull in.  They hung around the yard for about 7 hours today just waiting for any 5 minute break we might take to play with them for a few minutes. 
Brayden had several kids literally swinging from his arms.
And we almost lost Juliet in this sea of kids!
Ray with a new friend...
Me with a new friend...
And Anne....

No comments:

Post a Comment