Sunday, April 26, 2015

We Have Arrived!

Our flight from Boston to D.C. was fairly turbulent but otherwise our whole journey was uneventful.  ALL fifteen of our bags made it here. Praise the Lord! Here we are on on of the flights...I think it was the last leg from Brussels to Kigali.

We arrived at the guesthouse at around 7:30pm to a wonderful welcome. They had cold passionfruit juice waiting for us.  That was heavenly after a long day and a half of travel!  We settled into our rooms and then had to go through the rest of our baggage to organize all our supplies, assemble the backpacks for our sponsor kids, and then prepare for the craft we plan to do with them today. 

We did not get to sleep until about 11:00 pm and I’m not sure if I have ever been more tired.  I did not sleep on any of the flights.  Maybe one hour total.  Brayden got the most sleep, big surprise!  That boy could sleep through an earthquake!  The airport in Brussels was great.  They had these cool lounge chairs that we took advantage of to be horizontal for a bit before the last leg of the journey to Kigali. 
I was bummed that we arrived after sunset so I couldn’t see the landscape from the plane as we landed.  That is usually a highlight for me and always makes me cry!  J.J. from the guesthouse was there to meet us with Edward, our driver for the week, and Innocent who drove the truck full of our luggage.  J.J. is impressive.  He can speak 10 languages!  He taught himself English by watching movies and reading.  Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment