Sunday, April 10, 2011

We made it!


We have arrived safe and sound. We are all checked in at Emmaus Guesthouse and just finished dinner. The picture is the view from our table in the dining room looking out onto the garden area in back. We will soon head back to our room and finish organizing all the donated items. We are VERY tired. It was a long journey and I don't ever remember being this tired on my previous trips to Africa. As soon as we finish organizing we will get some sleep. Our driver will be here at 7am to bring us to meet up with our attorney friend and we will then head out to western Uganda. A six hour trek! We will spend the night out there tomorrow and be back here by Tuesday evening. I don't expect to have internet service....but if I do...I will update as I am able.

That's really all I have for now....all we have done is sit in a plane, airport or car...nothing real exciting to share.

1 comment:

  1. "nothing real exciting to share" you say?! Wow!!! You are in Africa! Sooo happy for you! I can't wait to hear all about it...and I'm praying for you while I wait.

    ReplyDelete