Monday, March 26, 2012

A weekend I won't soon forget!


(skipping Friday here as it really wasn’t super exciting....mostly disappointing as the one important meeting I had scheduled ended up being a no show. Boo...so the only exciting thing that happened Friday was the just the flight to get me from Rwanda to Uganda)


Woke up and went outside to my hut where I like to read my bible and get strength for the day ahead.



Then I met one of the families that I have journeyed with on their road to adoption.

We had breakfast together and then we started to journey to the village where their boy was located.


I played videographer for them and it was fun to see a family being born.


I visited another home in the area to deliver some supplies that I knew they needed and then acted as gopher for my family, running errands so that they could just hang out with their little guy and rest from their long journey the night before.

Then I sat and chatted a while with another director of a children’s home.


We started the journey back toward Kampala very late in the evening so I did not get to sleep till very late. Mainly because I was waiting for the water in my room to come back on...there was a problem with the plumbing in my room and I was so very dirty, you can’t imagine the dust and dirt that I had to just sleep in because it was so late and I didn’t want to disturb the staff here at the guesthouse.....so I slept in my filth and woke up the next morning and realized that I still had no water. I had to be ready fairly soon so I grabbed my water bottles and my towel and did the best I could to bathe myself with about 12 ounces of water for the day ahead.


Had breakfast with another family that had arrived late Sat night. Then went with them to play photographer for their family’s moment of seeing their soon-to-be child.

Had a meeting with another friend at Cafe Java (yum) and later was invited to dinner with the family I spent the morning with. It was so fun to connect IN PERSON with people that I have talked to and emailed a million times. But to get the opportunity to hug them and sit across from them and share our lives. Priceless. =)


PS. I know you would love to see pics of these moments, but those are not mine to share. sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo excited that you are THERE! And meeting/seeing beloved friends new and old...praying for you throughout each day...strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete